Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Art Art Art

This weekend was Open Studio at Alexander Hall. Alexander Hall was at one time an old supermarket that SCAD converted into classrooms for the undergraduates on the first floor and twenty-five or so 10x10 studio rooms for the graduate students on the second floor. On Saturday night all the doors were open and the art was on the walls and there were fancy refreshments going around and everyone got a good look at some really fantastic art. You weren't allowed to take photos but I snapped a few. I actually took allot of photos (shhh...) But I'm only going to post a very very very few select on here. The studios were lots of fun to see, almost as fun as the art itself. The terms are you can do whatever you like to your 10x10 cube as long as at the end you return it to white walls and account for all the outlets. Needless to say there some pretty interesting set ups and it was informative to see what tools they were using, and how they were managing the space. Allot of the studios mirrored the art that was displayed on their outside walls. The same color schemes from a painting could be found splattered on the wall or smeared on a palette.


I'm currently working on two pieces again. One for Painting, the other for Drawing III. I'm posting some photos of some of the recent pieces I have finished while they were still in progress. I photographed them finished in the studio yesterday but I have yet to put them up here.

Hope everyone to be well, and have fun preparing for Thanksgiving. I've been looking up different dishes to make for this Thanksgiving dinner and I think it's going to be pretty spectacular.

You may like to visit this website. He's a graduate student named Will Penny who does some really interesting, abstract, and aesthetically logical pieces. The marlin I photographed was done by him.







Bye!

Popular Posts