Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quick Update and more photos

Well it's been a busy week but one filled with much satisfaction. I was having difficulty last week drawing paper, the folds, the creases, the shadows, and so I aborted the drawing I was working on and drew an old mixer they had in the drawing studio. But this week I tried to do it again and I think I did. I took about 6 feet of paper towel, wrapped it loosely around my hand and stuck in a pewter mug I found. Sat down for about 3 hours and worked it out. There is a nice retro 50's cafe next to Anderson Hall (that's where I was drawing) so after I finished I got a tasty cheeseburger with bacon. Bacon is good down here.
Speaking of Bacon... it seems that nobody has come down with Swine Flu yet. They have part of one of the dorms quarantined for people to go there should they come down with the symptoms associated with Swine '09, but so far it's been empty up there.
Weather: The weather is cooling down a bit. It's nice in the evenings and mornings, definitely light sweater weather. The days are still quite hot though. I took a nap laying in the sun on the bridge yesterday and the day before. It was so relaxing!
I'm eating some Ramen and I'm about to go to bed. That's all that's going on in my life...

P.S. The two photos in this collection of the angel with no head or arms and the torso are not mine, but you should see them. They were done with charcoal and conty stick (spelling?) on Mylar paper and they are absolutely beautiful. A picture can't do them justice but I try.

Popular Posts